Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 is stuck on basic: no internet, no sound

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Seppe1

Seppe1

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:19 AM

Basically my computer has no internet, no sound and a task bar that looks like the one from windows 98.

I've already checked if it is stuck on windows basic, but this is not the case. Does it ring a bell with anyone?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:33 PM

Hi Seppe1,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Are you still having the same trouble?

MiniToolBox
On a computer with Internet, please download MiniToolBox, save it to a USB flashdrive, and then run it on the computer without Internet.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files
  • List Restore Points

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Regards,
Jason

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 Seppe1

Seppe1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:44 AM

I'm sorry to report my parents forced me to take the laptop to a serviceman, even though I posted on the forum. I'll know next weekend wether he has fixed it or not. If he hasn't, I'll do the minitoolbox thing. If he has, the problem is solved and I'll delete the post.

#4 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:43 AM

Ok, sounds good. :thumbup2:
Regards,
Jason

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

#5 Seppe1

Seppe1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:39 PM

The laptop has been fixed; the serviceman had to reinstall windows because I had contracted something nasty, he said. If you wish to know more I've found a solved case of my problems here:
www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576001/windows-7-is-stuck-on-basic-no-sound-no-internet/
If you want I'll remove it, I can also leave it here for people with the same problems.

#6 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:43 PM

Thanks for letting me know. :)

If you have any future computer questions, please feel free to post them in the appropriate forum.  :thumbup2:

Edited by jntkwx, 20 September 2015 - 02:45 PM.

Regards,
Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users