Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2013 fails to send mail in Outbox


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 walter37

walter37

  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:25 AM

My desktop computer developed Internet connection problems that resulted in my performing a total system rebuild - wipe the drive, reinstall Win 7 Home Premium from DVD media, reinstall programs like Office 2013 (365).  I used a program called BackupOutlook to save a copy of the Outlook files on a USB and then used that program on the "new" setup to restore.  For the Gmail using IMAP, I choose to create a new Data File, and all recent e-mails are there in the Inbox or in another folder in the list.  I used the server settings I had used previously, and test messages were sent and received normally.

 

But what I discovered thereafter was that messages I created and sent went into the Outbox and remained there.  I have re-checked server settings, run a Scanpst.exe on the Data Files I believe might be relevant, checked Add-ins (and found two already disabled by the system), and run Outlook in Safe Mode.  Nothing has resolved the problem.  I did a similar re-do on another desktop a few months ago and did not encounter this problem.  This used to happen now and then before I rebuilt that other computer, but a shutdown and restart of Outlook would resolve the matter.  That problem disappeared after that rebuild. 

 

Thanks to all for insight and advice for a fix.

 

PS  If I activate Send/Receive All Folders, I get this popup: "An object could not be found."


Edited by walter37, 04 September 2015 - 10:19 AM.


BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

  • BC Advisor
  • 2,266 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

Try doing a repair on Outlook. Go to Control Panel>Programs and Features. Click on Office, but rather uninstall, select Repair. It appears some part of Outlook is missing or corrupt.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users