Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Controller issue, driver related i think.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rhubarbarian

Rhubarbarian

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:29 AM

Hello,

I got this gioteck controller and it works great, untill at some point, for no reason, buttons start to stick and some buttons wont work at all.
When I restart it will work fine 9/10 times, when i unplug it and put it in again its not recognized.

Now, when i look for this problem the answer is always, buy a new one.
But i think its not the controller itself because:
I've downloaded keysticks, a program that lets my controller controll the mouse/keyboard, when i got the sticky button problem i saw on keysticks that the butten was pressed (while it was not) then I unplugged it and keysticks still said the button was pressed, and thus i think it has something to do with the drivers or something software related.

If i hold a button on purpose (when it works properly) and pull out the usb it will say its no longer pushed (sherlock alarm), so its not something that keysticks does.

Does anyone know about this problem, and is there a possible solution ?

Have a Toshiba sattelite laptop, running windows 7.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rhubarbarian

Rhubarbarian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:45 AM

I've solved it!!
And i'll give the answer for others in the future.
Download xbox 360 controller drivers from microsoft (why didnt i connect the dots, xbox=microsoft)
https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/nl-nl/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

Even if it's a ps3/ps4 controller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users