Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which is Operating system is Best ? MAC or Window ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Microonline

Microonline

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:39 AM

Hi guys,

I want to buy a new laptop but I can't understand which is an operating system I have to choose for my system. i am using regular use of computer. so can you help me please. Because of all the laptop operating system have its own UI and platform.

Thanks in advance...

Edited by Microonline, 04 September 2015 - 05:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:53 AM

Oh I cant believe I am about to say this but I would go with Windows over Mac. Windows PC's are cheaper, People who get Mac should consider Linux.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:15 AM

It depends on what you do and how often you work with others.  If you work with others you should match what they have.  Microsoft Office for example will display the same PowerPoint presentation differently on each machine.

It also has to do with how much money you have to spend.  An Apple product will cost you more money upfront, compared to a similarly build Windows PC.

Do you want to upgrade in the future?  Apple products are more locked down when it comes to upgrades.  If you're talking a laptop you're pretty much limited to hard drive and memory.  Apple has taken to soldering the memory in and you have to purchase as much as you need when you buy the machine.

What do you have now?  Odds are you will have to repurchase any software you're currently using if you switch.

#4 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:43 AM

In the recent years the differences between Mac and PC have diminished. Both are just as useful. It all depends on how much you are going to the use the machine. If you are professional, somebody who makes money with their computer, I say get a Mac. The reason is that they are more reliable than their PC counterparts, generally. If your goal is a more casual use, like gaming, then get a PC.

There are a number of reasons for getting a Mac over a PC and vice versa. What is it you plan to do with your computer Microonline? Be specific.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users