Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway Model W350A shuts off without warning

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ShawnT4286

ShawnT4286

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:51 AM

My Gateway is approx. 2.5 years old and will shut off completely without warning. It will boot right back up only to shut off again between 2-10 minutes after boot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Atomic77

Atomic77

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:06 PM

It sounds like it might have a virus.

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

#3 ShawnT4286

ShawnT4286
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:03 PM

I think that was what my problem was. i was using Microsoft Essentials for virus protection. I Googled my problem and read about someone having the same problem. He recommended downloading Avast Free Antivirus, so I did and let it scan for a few hours last night. It found multiple viruses on my machine. and cleaned them. I just booted up for today. I will post an update later this afternoon. Thanks! 

#4 ShawnT4286

ShawnT4286
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:31 PM

Well...Wasn't a virus although Avast found a few. It shut off on me again. Now I'm checking the battery. I was told to take out the battery and plug it in to the wall outlet. If it doesn't shut down...Well We found it. I'll post my results.

#5 ShawnT4286

ShawnT4286
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

Isn't the battery. Just shut off again. I give up. This will become my new boat anchor! Have a good one!

#6 Atomic77

Atomic77

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:39 PM

According to some research I did on the model that laptop is pretty outdated it was made in 2009.

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

#7 ShawnT4286

ShawnT4286
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:29 AM

Correct! Boat Anchor!

0 user(s) are reading this topic