Hi, I've been wrestling with this problem for last 2 days and I don't seem to be able to find an answer anywhere hence I'm posting here. Firstly, I can't generate the dumpfile as I can't access windows at all. I can't access it through any boot options including safe mode. The windows either gives BSOD after the logo and white circles going around a few times or recovery environment.
I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 through the microsoft updater.
The only major thing I did before this happened was installing the AMD CCC and rebooting, which caused this loop. I actually reinstalled it as switchable graphics wasn't working.
Things I've tried -
1. Automatic Repair - doesn't work. txt file in srt folder says the OS version is not compatible even if I use the Windows 10 usb.
2. chkdsk /f /r - it fixed a bunch of things, there seemed to be a lot of problems but now it says that there is no problems and no further action is required.
3. Fixing and rewriting bcd files - This was the interesting part because my computer some how changed the C:\ to D:\ and created a new C:\. I've reassigned it so that original C:\ is renamed back to C:\ and removed the new C:\ partition which only had the boot files in it and reformed all the bcd files in original C:\
4. I can't run sfc /scanow. It doesn't work with any commands I found over the internet.
5. Other things I found were that if I tried to reset the computer while keeping the files, it doesn't allow me to do it.
Also, I found out that some of my drivers were missing by using devcon - graphics (both integrated intel, dedicated radeon m6740) some sound cards, single usb driver.
Also when I installed thne integrated intel graphics driver through pnputil, when I restart the computer, the driver disappears and comes up with code 28 again.
I don't mind doing a fresh install but only if I am able to access my current hd files and create a backup, which hopefully should be possible because I can access the files through cmd prompt in WindowsRE.