Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet DNS problems with my connection only repaired with netsh commands

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 foxhound56

foxhound56

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:00 AM

hello, I have been having this recurrent problem where things like torrents, popcorn time or DRM programs for games wont work. I have not yet pinpointed the issue but after doing some research I started doing some research and downloaded tweaking. after running it I noticed that this fixed the prroblem, specifically if I run the repair network tool, which does this.

Repair Network:

This will clear the stored DNS cache in Windows. When the DNS becomes corrupt you will not be able to get to some sites. Flushing and rebuilding the DNS will fix that problem.
Also resets Winsock entries & resets TCP/IP stack.

This repair will also restore the Winsock and Winsock2 registry keys.

These extra commands are run on Windows vista and newer.

netsh winsock reset all
netsh int 6to4 reset all
netsh int ipv4 reset all
netsh int ipv6 reset all
netsh int httpstunnel reset all
netsh int isatap reset all
netsh int portproxy reset all
netsh int tcp reset all
netsh int teredo reset all

after that my connection is fine, but after 2 hours or less it starts having problems again so i have to rerun this.... My question would be, what could be the problem, is it the computer or the modem or ISP. and what can I do to fix it permanently? I ask because my ISP sent someone over but the connection in his laptop was working fine so they told me it was my computer and charged me for the visit.

some more information: my computer works fine with any other connection except this one, but any other computer works fine with this connection. when browsing in chrome, it will take about 10 seconds to open up a webpage, where it will just say connecting at the corner and then suddenly open it up really quick (this is fixed with the tweaking program).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Dashing_star

Dashing_star

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:29 AM

can you tell something about your system specs and OS?  :cowboy:

Like you said it is temporary fix, what i think is that may be you have old outdated drivers(network) causing this issue!  :huh:

#3 foxhound56

foxhound56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:53 AM

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model h8-1080t
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i7 CPU         960  @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 6.15, 7/4/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer PEGATRON CORPORATION

I checked for drivers updates and it tells me the latest are installed...checked with the hp application, intel application and clicked on update driver from device manager, this is my network adapter

Name [00000002] Intel® 82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connection
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\e1y62x64.sys (10.0.6.0, 281.21 KB (287,960 bytes), 7/25/2011 2:23 PM)

#4 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:08 AM

Hi,
If you detect any abnormal behaviour after successfull connection, like redirection of searches, popups and ads etc, please include that too. :)
MiniToolbox by Farbar

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files
  • List Restore Points

Click Go and post the result (MTB.txt). A copy of MTB.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Please open a command prompt with administrator privilage( In the search box, type command prompt. >In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. 18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.)
and run the following command(s):

sfc /scannow

and then

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

Please post both logs (from your desktop) in your next reply.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#5 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:01 AM

Since you are using torrents there is a strong possibility you are hacked /infected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users