Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

proof positive that Windows 10 sucks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 FortKnox42

FortKnox42

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:38 PM

And here it is.  Minesweeper provides proof positive that Windows 10 sucks at basic math.  The "001" in the upper-right is how many mines I have left to flag.  UM... WHERE?  All the numbers are accounted for, so why don't you just go ahead and declare that a win, Windows 10?  Oh right... you can't, 'cause you can't do basic math...   :nono:

Win%25252010%252520Minesweeper%252520SUC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:40 PM

That's only a bug of the Minesweeper in Windows 10, not of Windows 10. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Windows 10 by any means)

Edited by gigawert, 03 September 2015 - 06:40 PM.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 FortKnox42

FortKnox42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:15 PM

Well yeah, very true... I just needed to vent since one of my favorite pastimes is going downhill fast... I'm not *seriously* concerned...

#4 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:31 PM

Well yeah, very true... I just needed to vent since one of my favorite pastimes is going downhill fast... I'm not *seriously* concerned...

You can go back to Windows 7 or 8, no?

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:41 PM

:lmao:

#6 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:02 PM

Post #1

Have you considered using a third party provided game instead of the bundled one within windows 10? No doubt there exist some free ones, probably some open source ones as well. Also I think there are ways that old versions of the game from previous versions of windows can somehow be made to run on newer windows versions, I think I once saw an article on "how to geek" about that.

Obviously though, if you can go back to an earlier version of windows (do you have any system images?) that would be your best course of action, because issues with this game are just the tip of the iceberg (or perhaps more approproately to this thread the equivalent of this sign https://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&hl=en-GB&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=achtung+minen+sign&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2 ) when it comes to windows 10.

Edited by rp88, 05 September 2015 - 12:03 PM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#7 FortKnox42

FortKnox42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:18 PM

Yeah alright, I'll try some open-source alternatives...  But I just played a quick few Win 10 Minesweeper games and was reminded of one of my chief annoyances.  With the classic Minesweeper, you would never hit a mine on your very 1st click.  'Cause what's the point of that?  :-(

#8 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,965 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:46 PM

Believe it or not, if you can find a computer running XP you can lift mines direct from XP in one easy move. Look for a file called 'Winmine.exe' - it's normally in the top level of the Windows folder in XP but sometimes in the System32 folder - copy it to a memory stick then paste it into your Windows folder. To make a short cut to it, open the Windows folder in Windows Explorer and RIGHT click on 'Winmine.exe' then select 'Send to desktop (create shortcut)'. Job done.

I can't guarantee it works for Win 10 but it certainly does for Win 7 and 8/8.1. I did this originally because I didn't like the graphics in the Win 7 version.

Chris Cosgrove

#9 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

Have you considered using a third party provided game instead of the bundled one within windows 10?

Why would one do that? It seems like a perfectly legitimate reason to revert to Win 7 for me.

:hysterical:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users