Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Back up phone with Kies

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RbtCmpt

RbtCmpt

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

I have my Galaxy S2 connected to Windows 10 laptop via Kies air. The charging/usb port on the phone is broken. I can see everything on the phone on my laptop now. But there isn't a clue how to save it to my pc. Is it already automatically saved since I can view it on the pc? Where does it save to?
When I figure out how to back it up, can I view it on my pc without the phone connected? Do I have to access via Kies, or is it viewable in another app as well?
Wow! I had this connected, changed the battery in my phone, and now can't connect no matter what I do...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kayza

Kayza

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:25 PM

I've never bothered with Kies. Mostly, because anything I was interested in backed up to Google. In any case, there are apps out there you can use. There are several file managers that work over wifi rather than on the wire. I wound up using AirDroid (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid) for a situation where my husband needed to get files off his computer to his phone on a regular basis. It does more than just file management, but it was very straightforward for what he wanted to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users