Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Volume icon on the Taskbar disappeared. How do I get it back?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 llee1000

llee1000

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:42 AM

On my Windows 8 laptop, the volume icon disappeared from the Taskbar and I couldn't get find a way to get it back. 

I tried going into system icons and trying to enable the volume icon from there, but it was grayed out and I couldn't select it

https://i.gyazo.com/51b3492bd07580a03b7178df0f875419.png

Next I tried searching online and I came across a guide here:

http://www.colincochrane.com/post/Windows-Vista-Disappearing-System-Tray-Icons-Fix

I deleted the IconStreams and PastIconStreams and went into my Task Manager. There was no explorer.exe in the processes, so I don't what to do now.

What else can I try to get my volume icon back?

Edited by hamluis, 03 September 2015 - 12:50 PM.
Moved from Audio/Video Software to Win 8 - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:24 AM

Open the Control Panel.

Type system icons in the Search control panel box in the upper right portion of the screen.

Make sure the Volume is On.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users