Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partition configuration for clean drive in NAS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 djmaxis

djmaxis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:24 AM

Hi,

I bought 1-bay nas some time ago, but now I stuck with clean hdd.

Starting from begining. My NAS stops working in some day, I readed about that is a problem with hdd failure, so I disassembled NAS to recover inportant data of my company before sending it for warranty. After connecting it to PC, drive didnt start to spin, tried in NAS - this same (drive dead). I sended HDD for warranty and I received new clean HDD. I put it into NAS but NAS didnt boot up, so I written to Seagate for help and they told me that I voided my warranty by opening the NAS and there need to be some partitions on new hdd to successfully boot up. Thats why I'm here.

Did some one have, and can make my dump img of system partitions for this device? with info about partition table to make proper partitions for data etc.

Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:46 AM

What is the make and model of the NAS?  This may help in finding the procedure you need to follow to initialise and format a new HDD.

In general, you would use the NAS admin tools (which you access through a web browser) to prepare the new disk.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users