Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Needed Windows 10 ?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 sportman12

sportman12

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:44 PM

I Installed Windows 10 I have questions on how to Set Up things I will add question as I go a long

1 How and where do I
Make the text on your screen larger or smaller

2 In Windows Explorer how do I get my drives to appear in a list on the left instead of a picture I can post a

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:52 PM

Hey, sportman12!

Text size: Right click on desktop, Personalize, Display .. and then you'll see the options.  There are a lot of related options, so experiment by clicking on Advanced and whatever other links you see, just after Personalize.

For File Explorer, you have the hated ribbon now, and at its far right (if I remember properly) there is some kind of 'Options' button which if you click it, allows you to select 'Details'.  That will make your drives appear left side in the right pane.

If you want them to appear in the left pane, it's more complicated.  Depends on what you mean.  So play with 'Organize' and 'Layout' in the upper left corner of the File Explorer.

Basically, you have to experiment as MSFT has again moved the cheese in frustrating ways. As if they want us to spend our lives on FINDING HOW TO DO THINGS rather than on life.

Edited by brainout, 02 September 2015 - 11:56 PM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#3 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:14 AM

I am trying to get the text size like in Windows 8 which had med smaller larger 150 where do I make it larger 150 ?

#4 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:24 AM

'Options' button which if you click it, allows you to select 'Details'.  That will make your drives appear left side in the right pane.where ido I make a screenshot of what mine looks like ?

#5 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:41 AM

For larger than 150, you look for 'custom' in the settings.  Option should be on the left.  You have to experiment with each of the line items, because I don't know if you're using 32-bit which I don't have, or Home which I also don't have.  So my instructions are somewhat imprecise.

Basically you hunt and guess, as always, to find what you want. But you're on the right page, for Personalize Display.

Or, you can type your questions in the search bar and get the answers specific to your system.

So try that: try selecting 'File Explorer Display Details' and see how your latest question gets answered.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#6 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:47 AM

I am trying to get the text size like in Windows 8  large150 where do it is it the same setting as in Windows 8  ?

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:35 AM

Hi sportman12 :)

For your first question, click on the Start Menu and enter Settings. From there, click on System and the option will be under Display. Simply drag the bar towards the right to increase the font size for the system.

dMD7hTP.png

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#8 RuddyDuck

RuddyDuck

• Validating
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:57 AM

I Installed Windows 10 I have questions on how to Set Up things I will add question as I go a long

1 How and where do I
Make the text on your screen larger or smaller

2 In Windows Explorer how do I get my drives to appear in a list on the left instead of a picture I can post a

For changing the font size of text displayed in your browser, left-click in your browser, and then try (1) holding the CTRL key down and rolling your mouse wheel up or down, or (2) holding the CTRL key down and pressing the keyboard's "+" or "-" keys.

Thanks to AOL's article, which I found by searching with the terms "change font size in browser" :

<https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-enlarge-or-reduce-the-font-size-on-my-web-browser>.

It worked for me using the Mozilla Firefox browser under Windows 10.

The Web browser is one of many application programs ("apps") running under the Windows operating system.  For changing the size of other parts of the operating system, such as the icons displayed on the desktop, or the resolution of the display as a whole, follow the suggestions that Aura gave above. (Aura really seems to know what he's talking about.)

Edited by RuddyDuck, 03 September 2015 - 06:13 AM.

#9 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:10 PM

I have a 27 inch acer Monitor  what should the Resilution and text be on Windows 10

On my Windows 8 I had 1680 x 1050 for Resilution and large for text can I do it for Windows 10 ? get back to me please

Edited by sportman12, 03 September 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:27 PM

I can't really say what would be the recommended text size. But for the resolution, I always goes for the highest available.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#11 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:38 PM

Could you please post a screenshot of how to do

1680 x 1050 for Resilution and large for text can for Windows 10 ? get back to me please

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

I'll provide screenshots when I get home, since I don't have Windows 10 at work.

unite_blue.png

#13 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:58 PM

Aura thanks I will be looking forward to it thanks

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

Alright to change the resolution of a monitor, you need to select that monitor then click on the Advanced display settings option at the bottom.
fWVtzYL.png
Once done, you can change the resolution of that monitor.
Enc4HiN.png
As for what would be the recommended font size for your monitor(s), I have no idea. It's your choice. Personally I never moved it and leave it at its default level (which is 100% (recommended)).

unite_blue.png

#15 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:24 PM

Aura how do I post a screenshot to show you my display settings ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users