Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recently got gtx 750 ti and monitor screen gets fuzzy.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Divided_Bryan

Divided_Bryan

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:09 PM

Can someone help me? I recently got a GTX 750 Ti and it works fine, however, my monitor gets fuzzy at times especially while gaming and even when just browsing the internet. I have a Mag Innovision monitor and it only uses vga analog. I plugged my monitor into my gpu with a vga to dvi adapter and it is currently in my gpu's dvi-i slot. My gpu supports vga analog but I want to know what is the problem? If it helps my monitor only has the option of 60 and 75 for it's refresh rate. My monitors native resolution is 1280x1024 which I have my monitor already set to.

Edited by Divided_Bryan, 02 September 2015 - 01:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:10 PM

Have you tried the monitor with another system...and another monitor with your system?

Louis

#3 Divided_Bryan

Divided_Bryan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:15 PM

I unfortunately do not have another monitor to test with, so I do not know if another monitor would help. As for system, I only have one PC. However, prior to my gtx 750 ti I had used an intel hd graphics 4600 integrated graphics on the same pc and same pc and did not have the issue I am having now with my gtx 750 ti

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:18 PM

You have no friends...associates...coworkers...neighbors...with monitora or computer systems?

It's not like you need them overnight, just long enough to see whether situation lies with monitor or with system.

Louis

#5 Divided_Bryan

Divided_Bryan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:20 PM

A friend of mine is a pc gamer as well, but he uses a tv screen on his pc. Would that suffice? If not, I can ask if he has any spare monitors

#6 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

One idea.  Can you switch over to the Intel HD graphics and see if the problem persists?  If you've disabled it in BIOS just re-enable it before moving the cable over.

7sbvuf-6.png

#7 Divided_Bryan

Divided_Bryan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:17 PM

Actually I plugged my pc into my tv through hdmi and the fuzziness went away

#8 Divided_Bryan

Divided_Bryan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:10 PM

Turns out that either the vga cable itself is messed up, or just a vga cable entirely will not work properly with my gpu. I'm planning on getting a 1080p monitor with hdmi so I can use that. I'd rather not try and test with another vga cable to just find out that the problem persists

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:33 PM

It's your system, it's your call what you do :).

Louis

#10 pistol22cal

pistol22cal

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:14 PM

Dont use adapters for vga to dvi and vis versa or hdmi to dvi/vga and vis versa its just awful.

If your monitor only supports VGA the only use a VGA cable to your GPU.

I would recommend going and getting a monitor that supports DVI/HDMI and using either of those over VGA.

I Love Lamp!

#11 lenix

lenix

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:30 PM

Watch out for resolution here http://thrillinginformation.blogspot.in/2017/01/blurry-font-resolution-and-program-fix.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users