Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pin folder to Task Bar - Win 10 STARTER

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 athegn

athegn

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

This maybe a problem with the version of Win 10 I am running on my netbook. I upgraded from Win 7 Starter to Win 10.

On my Win 10 Home Premium machine I can pin a folder to the Task Bar but using the same procedure does not seem to work on Win 10 Starter.

I have the shortcut folder on my desktop and select Pin to Start. But if I right click on the folder in Start there is no option to Pin to Task bar?

As an aside why did MS not allow just dragging a folder to the Task Bar?

Any advice please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

There are some things which will not have a pin to taskbar option.

If they don't, you will have to manually add the option to them one by one.

Follow the directions here http://www.7tutorials.com/how-pin-any-folder-windows-7-taskbar

This will work on Windows 10.

I found this several years ago when I wanted to pin a documents folder to my taskbar. This adds Pin to taskbar to the context menu of whatever you want to pin. Simple procedure that does not take long to do.

Make sure you leave the space which is mentioned or it will not work.

This does work for those items which have no option to pin to taskbar.

If you do this and have any problems post back. Also post back if it works for you.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 02 September 2015 - 01:16 PM.

#3 athegn

athegn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

Thank you

Now have my folder in Win 10 Starter Task Bar.

Edited by athegn, 02 September 2015 - 02:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users