Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to turn sound on while in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 resa83

resa83

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:24 AM

i have a thread going on my laptop problems already. However I'd like to be able to watch a movie while in safe mode with networking. The sound wont play while in safe mode. Is there a way to fix this until I'm able to fix my laptop?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MarkMCS

MarkMCS

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:59 PM

Safe Mode is a diagnostic mode, and only basic drivers are active. So audio drivers aren't running.

...this is why you don't have sound!  

Also, Antivirus and Antispyware programs you may have aren't running either.  This makes your normal online activities risky and ill advised.  I would recommend you not try to surf the web until you can boot normally.

Mark

Edited by MarkMCS, 02 September 2015 - 06:30 PM.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.  -Emo Phillips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users