Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spywarequake/spyquake 2 Removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shableep

shableep

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 15 July 2006 - 03:13 PM

hey.

recently i got spyquake on my computer. sounds like a pretty intense game title, but it's basically a pretty vicious virus that reloads spyquake (disguised as a spyware removal tool) and other awesome crap constantly.

so i googled 'spyquake' n' found removal instructions on this site and followed it step by step. 5 days later, spyquake invited it's lovely self back again.

so, after screwing around for a bit, i found the last little bit of spyquake in system32.

ssqrp.dll

think you might wanna add that to the list. i actually could only remove it in the recovery console. so, it's pretty well wedged in there.

if you can't get to the recovery console, give these programs a shot.

FixVundo
VirtumundoBeGone

donno if they work. haven't tested em. but this guy seems to think so.

by the way, there's a 900k .ini file in system32 that's got to go. i forgot the name, think it starts with a 'P'... either way, it's the only 900k .ini file you're gonna have. freakin' delete it.

Edited by shableep, 15 July 2006 - 03:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:31 AM

First off that you for the information on SpyQuake. I am sure out HJT Team is investigating it as we speak.
Second I wanted to Welcome you to Bleeping Computer. I look forward to your topics and reply in the future.

Enjoy.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users