Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

tapiad.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stang

stang

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 01 December 2004 - 08:31 PM

Has anyone heard of this? I am not sure what it is doing, but it seems to be using up a rather large part of my processing power and restarts itself whenever i try to end it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:22 PM

When searching for executable files I use Windows Startup Online

You must choose the "search tab". Then fill in the filename to that field, then search. As often as not, you will need to know what program is running the file. Then you can alternately list the program name in the field below the first one, called program title. Any name in program title must be bracketed to return results. If the full filepath is [color=blue]C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE you would consider [Microsoft Shared] as the program title, or maybe even [VS7DEBUG] and the mdm.exe as the filename. To some extent, the names are not case sensitive. It takes a lotta time to check your running processes, but it is worth the time investment. Try It.

I ran tapiad.exe in a few ways, no results were returned...therefore it's likely a bad file.
In which case, you'd best post a HJT log to have us examine it along side of the dozens of others.

Post again if you need help with the HJT download/rub & post procedure, or what I just said makes you want to say "What?". :thumbsup:

I am not sure what it is doing,

With no results returned, I don't either

it seems to be using up a rather large part of my processing power and restarts itself whenever i try to end it.

As do quite a few so-called legitimate files. Windows Startup Online will reveal unnecessary startup files, also.

When results are returned, you might face 175 pages of 'em. Be patient....

Edited by phawgg, 01 December 2004 - 09:27 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 stang

stang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 03 December 2004 - 10:18 PM

Ok, well i got most of that, except prolly the most important part being new to the forums i have no issues saying "HJT what?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users