Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading 2010 PC,Need Advice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gvex95Serbia

Gvex95Serbia

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:24 PM

First, hello this is my first post, sorry for my English but i think you will understand my problem

These are my current components on non gaming pc that i bought in 2010:
cpu: Pentium Dual Core E5400 @2.7 GHz
gpu: Nvidia GeForce 210 with 512 Mb GDDR2
motherboard:Asus P5KPL-AM
ram:2x2 GB DDR2 ram memory

So i want to upgrade this pc, to be able to play new games, (not necessary on full hd resolution because i have 1440x900 monitor),through time, if you know what i mean.I decided to buy this components : (Feel free to suggest better ones if they are not to much expensive biggrin.gif )
cpu: AMD Phenom X4 9650
gpu:ASUS AMD Radeon R7 260X OC 2G
memory: Not decided yet but sure some DDR3(4 Gb or 8 i dont now yet)
motherboard:Need help to decide(around 30 euros if there is that cheap but good motherboard)

So guys i need help,because i upgrade i wont buy all components on same time, so i dont know what to buy first, maybe motherboard because my is bad, or gpu or cpu, really i need your help to guide me in this upgrade

Thank in advance,Gvex from Serbia biggrin.gif  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wrkngman

Wrkngman

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:23 PM

If you are into gaming then go with 8 gigs of ram and a 64 bit OS. The motherboard I would recommend is the Asus M5A78 L-M USB 3. It is a micro atx board and inepensive but has many features and a lot of software from Asus. I have had this board for about a year and it is running great.

#3 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:16 AM

Hello,

I agree with above, also think about fans and power to the computer.  You want a Silver or Gold Level power supply; check with motherboard etc. to make sure your power supply is giving out the needed voltages.

With fans it depends on your system.  Often people will purchase a new box, or you can remove one side of it.  Remember electronics HATE heat. 

Again, you need at least 8GB or 16GB if you can swing it.  Also you can try a Linux OS if you’re comfortable with Linux.  It seems to run most things a lot faster.  Due to how it assigns RAM and memory in general vs Windows OS.  Just a thought

Good luck

cz

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users