Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Problem With Sygate.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 15 July 2006 - 01:05 PM

Hi all,

This is a continuing saga, I got to the point that I thought that I could see the light at the end of the tunnel only to have it turn out to be a train coming my way. eye roll

I downloaded Sygate only to have this message appear at start up and it also shows up if I try to us the short cut to activate it.

SMC.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
You will need to restart the program.
An seeor log is being created.

I thought it was a bad download, so I uninstalled it and tried it again, close to an hour on a dial up connection. I had the same results the second time.

When I click on the short cut it will show the same message as above, and if I leave it alone Sygate will open and the icon will appear and I will be able to use it. The message has to remain or I can't use Sygate, if it is running and I click ok in the button of the message it closes Sygate. When it is running the response is very slow, it will take several seconds to respond to any task.

I have AVG, Ewido, Spybot S&D, AdAware, and of course Sygate. All are new installations, all are current, and all have been run and according to them I'm clean, that is of course for the Sygate. I had this combination prior to having to wipe the hdd and reinstall the OS and everything else, and didn't have any problems.

I sure would appreciate some input, I'm out of ideas.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:42 PM

Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your generous support, I will make a concerted effort to reciprocate in kind in the future. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users