Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

flashing/alternating screen images

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rickety_goodman

rickety_goodman

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:01 AM

[WinXP,SP3]  [Firefox 40.0.3 & previous]  [Opera 31.0] [MB=Asus M2N68-AM] [Chipset=NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7025/nForce™ 630a
according to OEM specs||||||Video Adapter= NVIDIA GeForce 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a  (512 MB) according to "Everest]

When I have multiple instances of Firefox open or Opera and Firefox (i.e., multiple tabs on the taskbar), the screen will occasionally

flash back and forth between two (or possibly more) different screens very rapidly:  maybe 4 or 5 changes per second.

It's not a Firefox problem because it will do it between pages opened in Firefox and Opera. I think I might have seen it do it

between Firefox and Notepad.

A second symptom is even stranger: sometimes the screen saver won't REPLACE the screen with a black screen and a moving

graphic. Instead, as the graphic moves around the screen, it erases the screen like a person using the eraser tool in "Paint".

I will come back to my computer after being away for a few minutes and the original image will have these black areas that have

been wiped clean with the graphic in one of them and remnants of the original image still around the edges.

The computer will have been on for hours or even days before this happens and as soon as I move the mouse or touch the

keyboard, the original image returns and the phenomenon might not recur for days.

The chipset, graphics, and display drivers are all updated.

I'm thinking this motherboard is flaky.

Any oyher ideas?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users