Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automatic Repair Loop -- HELP!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pantalamin

Pantalamin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:21 PM

My computer is stuck in an auto-repair loop! It's a Dell desktop with Windows 10. Whenever I start it up, it (sometimes) flashes the Dell screen for just a second, then either says that it's diagnosing my PC then says Automatic Repair, or just skips forward to the Automatic Repair screen (a blue screen with an option to restart or see advanced options). When I try to restart, it send me along the same path. When I click Advanced options, I get the option to "exit and continue to Windows 10," which sends me back to the Automatic Repair screen after going black for a ew seconds, or I can turn off my PC, or troubleshoot. All of the troubleshoot options are "Reset this PC" (tried to do this-- total factory reset-- and it gets stuck at 1% and then says it failed and sends me back to the Auto Repair screen), System Restore (says I don't have any restorable and cannot open System protection to make a new one because I'm not online), System Image Recovery, which says "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer," Startup Repair, which sends me to the Diagnosing your PC screen and says Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC, with the log file: D:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt. I CAN'T EVEN FACTORY RESET IT I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE BACKUP OF ALL BACKUPS! I'm a poor student and really don't want to have to take it in... Please help me! Let me know if you need any other info

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FluffyPup

FluffyPup

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:26 AM

I can relate to a lot of your experience, Pantalamin.

What I can tell you is that it has taken substaintial study and investigation.

I have yet to find an answer, no less one that would work for a "poor student".

It seems to get more and more complicated.

If you want to be a poor student, take the computer in.  That is

as easy as it is going to get.

Please flag me down if you find something contrary to this.

Would love that!

#3 xAnti_HerOx

xAnti_HerOx

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:44 AM

It sounds like you have pretty much exhausted all the recovery options. Sad thing with Win10 is that all the Recovery Tools are found within the Operating System. If the Operating System because damaged, it either prevents users from getting to the Recovery and/or Successfully Performing them.

Assuming that the Hard Drive is not damaged and not the source of this issue. I would recommend probably starting from scratch and performing a Clean Operating System Install.  

If you have Access to Another PC I would say create an ISO File and Burn the OS to a CD and Start the Install. 

4mKMIUp.jpg

"The human spirit must prevail over technology". -Albert Einstein 

#4 Pantalamin

Pantalamin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:32 PM

I have a laptop with Windows 10, so I can give that a try. Got any tips for what kind of disc I'll need and where to create/burn the file?

#5 Pantalamin

Pantalamin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:48 PM

Just kidding, I think I've figured it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

#6 xAnti_HerOx

xAnti_HerOx

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:52 PM

No Problem, please keep us posted. 

4mKMIUp.jpg

"The human spirit must prevail over technology". -Albert Einstein 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users