Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Utorrent Downloads

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 leeboy

leeboy

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:01 PM

Hi, I've recently downloaded utorrent and as a complete novice I found it a total nightmare to set up. I've finally got it running and downloaded my first torrent and dont know what to do with it. The help forum at the site is completely useless and the users seem to be very anti newbie.

The problem I have is- I was expecting a single playable file ( as if downloaded from mp3 rocket or limewire)
instead I have a folder with about 40 VOB, BUP and IFO files ????

can anyone explain what to do with them ? Its taken so far a couple of days to get the program working and 4 days to download the torrent. Its really doing my head in !

I would be very grateful for any advice

Leeboy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noelckc

noelckc

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 19 July 2006 - 04:42 AM

Hi there, I hope u are grateful for my advice, as im sure it will be useful. As a noobie myself, i did not find it that hard to set up Utorrent, could you please detail the problems you have in setting it up? eg. Port forwarding a hassle?

Secondly, you have downloaded a folder with a "with about 40 VOB, BUP and IFO files ????" VOB BUP and IFO files are all DVD formattted files, meaning they play on your DVD player. Im not sure what movie you have downloaded, but im sure that it is in DVD format and ready to be burnt onto a dvd for viewing. To view it on you computer VLC player is the way to go.
P.S Dont expect DVD quality movies from Utorrent, if they are bellow 4.7GBs. 4.7gb is the standard DVD size, and should be DVD quality if it contains just the movie without the special effects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users