Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What can this laptop do?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyKarter

JimmyKarter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:57 AM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013KKANTE?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=1194e5815cc24042967753ddcbb2c292

Can anyone tell me if this is a decently capable laptop? I know i'm missing out on storage space, however I do have more than enough external HDD's.

For instance, can I play Skyrim with high graphics, or either with mods that have good graphics?

How is the display? For most people, is 13.3 decent? Really, this laptop is for college. But I would not want it to be incapable of playing a good game every now and then. Most thing that I'm playing are really just games from before 2012. Not planning to do a whole lot of ARMA 3, or Star Citizen...

Here's some games that I would like to play though. I just thought this might be helpful in determining what I would want.

Tomb Raider: 2013

-I know TR is highly intensive and I'm not planning to consider this as my minimum requirement, but I guess it would be nice if I could play it.

Bioshock infinite

-Doesn't have to be max graphics

Borderlands 2

Skyrim with graphics mods

Games like these? Think I can handle most of them on medium with this laptop?

Edited by JimmyKarter, 31 August 2015 - 11:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kilgorecemetery

kilgorecemetery

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:45 AM

Not sure about all of the games, but I often play Borderlands 2 on my laptop (http://www.amazon.com/HP-g7-1260us-Notebook-Processor-SuperMulti/dp/B005LLSB9U/ref=cm_cr_pr_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8) with the setting on high and it's running a second gen i3 processor.

I don't know that I would want a laptop with only a 13.3 inch display though. My sister has Samsung Netbook with only a 10 inch screen and it honestly makes it difficult to browse the web. Things that would normally show up nicely end up getting split about two-thirds of the way down the page. Makes for a lot of extra scrolling both top to bottom and side to side.

That being said, I would recommend that you try out a laptop with the 13.3 display at Walmart or Best Buy or something so you can get a feel for the size and layout of everything. Maybe you'll love it.

#3 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:28 PM

It uses integrated Intel HD 5500 as it's graphics.

It can handle all those games. Some may need to be turned down to lower then medium to run perfectly, but they'll run. 

The screen size really is a personal preference that'd you'd need to try out for yourself first. I mean what, phones max out at 6 inches and yet people use those all day everyday actually complain that 6 inches is to big *shrug*. 

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#4 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

Intel's HD 5500 graphics processor will work fine with those games you listed. Don't expect to set the quality to maxmimum, or for the framerate to stay capped at 60 all the time. It will work splendidly provided you do not push it.

Screen size is a different matter. It's all a matter of taste. I personally think anything smaller than 13 inches is too small. 15.4" is the right size for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users