Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

suggestions for a budget graphics card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ship_kicker

ship_kicker

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:20 PM

Hey,
I have an older Foxconn Destroyer 780a mobo. Its a socket am2+ but works also with am3 (which is what i am using). I am looking to upgrade the current gfx card (an old quadro fx 1700) because it only has 512mb vram and no drivers seem to work for it in Windows 7 pro x64. I do some light gaming with this machine (Stalker series, the elder scrolls 4 & 5, etc). Also I am looking to spend less than $50, they have some decent looking ones on amazon. However the last time I bought one off there it turned out to be "too slow" according to some people on tomshardware. It was a GeForce GT 610 or something. Its in my younger brothers 6 core PC and it seems fine for us. We sometimes play L4D2 LAN and it kind of sucks on my current gfx card. And my specs are: FoxConn Destroyer 780a mobo, AMD Phenom 2 X4 black edition 3.2ghz AM3, 8gb DDR2 (max 16), Quadro FX 1700 GFX card, one 250gb IDE HDD, one 1TB SATA HDD. thanks in advance, -A

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:05 AM

For the $100 segment, the EVGA 01G-P4-2751-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 1GB is a good choice.  If you are willing to spend $150, the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 950 GV-N950OC-2GD (rev. 1.0) 2GB would work.  Before buying, check the wattage of your PC's power supply, it should be 350W or better before getting either of these.  If you really want to go low-end the XFX Radeon R7 240 R7-240A-CLF2 2GB is ~$50.  That R7 is faster than a GT 610, but for those older games, you would probably be better served with the GTX 750 or the GTX 950.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users