So I have a new problem to add to the many I have already had with my new PC. Just this day when I right click on the desktop the cursor turns into the loading wheel and it loads indefinitely. The context menu never appears and I am unable to click on any desktop icons.
I can enter the start menu and bring up the task manager, so the computer is not completely frozen.
I have Windows 8.1
- I did a boot in safe-mode (minimal) right-click context menu worked fine.
- I disabled Avast! anti-virus on Startup (Under Task Manager > Startup).
The reason is this is the only program I have, that I can think of, that affects the context menu (with scan file/folder option in right click menu)
- I restarted into normal Windows mode (not safe mode). Right click menu loaded fine.
- I re-enabled Avast! anti-virus on startup (to see if it was the cause).
- I restarted the system again. Right click worked fine, with Avast! turned on. I made no changes to anything.
I can't understand what temporarily caused my problem and my problem persisted after turning off and back on my system twice. I'm not certain my problem will happen again, but I have updated my Avast! software encase it was the cause. (Things seem to be running fine now, but I don't know how long things will stay well.)
Edited by Lxno78, 30 August 2015 - 08:23 PM.