Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All video editing software crashing on Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 spinningrims

spinningrims

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:55 PM

Hi folks. Let me start by saying that I don't know much of anything about computers and I'm not sure what sort of information I should provide, so please let me know what else needs to be added here.

I'm on a Samsung laptop running Windows 8.1 and I have been encountering problems running video editing software since I got this computer around 2 years ago. Windows Movie Maker will crash upon trying to edit for any amount of time, and I recently downloaded TrakAx as an alternative and was able to successfully edit 2 videos, but it too now crashes when trying to import my video files.

Here's a screenshot of some of my specs (again I'm not sure what else I should include here so please let me know)
tumblr_ntwy3rcHP01qbjxp0o1_500.png

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Queen-Evie, 31 August 2015 - 08:51 AM.
moved from Audio/Video to Windows 8

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:17 AM

Are you sure the video editing software is compatible with Windows 8.1?

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#3 Tim_K

Tim_K

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:55 PM

Windows 8.1 is a steaming pile.  10 isn't much better.  Go back to Windows 7.  All my PC's run 7, and I am not changing any time soon.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:06 PM

@Tim_K #3  That is your opinion and merely an opinion. More to the point it does nothing for the OP who may not readily have the option of changing his OS nor does it do anything towards the subject of this topic 'All video editing software crashing on Win 8.1'

Please keep posts on topic.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#5 O.T.T.

O.T.T.

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 06 September 2015 - 05:25 AM

This may be a codec-problem...
If you have a codec pack installed, remove it and reinstall.

If not or it doesn't resolve the problem: Install Shark007's Codecs. Read this if you have problems.

Always run the program as administrator.
Watch out while installing so you don't get unwanted extra's ! :wink:

OTT

Please ask Google why some of my links don't work anymore !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users