Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Airport Express units with intermittent connection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 alpinemonkey

alpinemonkey

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:34 AM

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop with wireless routing through a BT HomeHub 4 unit.

I have two Airport Expresses in the house, used solely to stream music from iTunes/Tuneblade through them to my stereo systems.

Both Airport Express stations can be found through my HomeHub Manager - they are visible as connected to the network with MAC and IP addresses.

However, connection to the two Express stations is very dodgy.  The best I get  is when the laptop has had a fresh boot-up.  After a while though, especially after Hibernation, the Expresses can't be found by iTunes or Tuneblade, and neither by my iPhone or iPod Touch.  However, at all times they are still showing as connected to the HomeHub.

I can't figure out where the problem is, since it's not just my laptop that can't find them but also my phone and ipod.  And it seems weird that the router knows they're there but software can't connect to them.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users