Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

infected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 As65

As65

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:16 AM

infected with UNKNOWN VIRUS. that gains access to my router. have been having this issue over the last few years..Attached File  FRST_30-08-2015_15-29-42.txt   790.71KB   4 downloadsAttached File  FRST_30-08-2015_15-29-42.txt   790.71KB   4 downloadsAttached File  Addition_30-08-2015_15-29-42.txt   31.88KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Agent 007

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,894 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:56 AM

Hey,

can you please post the logs directly into the thread rather than attaching them? Thank you. :)

~Machiavelli

If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!

• Every topic with no replies within 5 days will be closed.
  • If you like my help here please give me feedback.

unite_blue.png

#3 As65

As65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:22 AM

Basically the hacker used to target my ROUTER via the internet...happened constantly...(must have replaced nearly a dozen router's) (THC-HYDRA virus) then when i started using a vpn,put my isp's router in modem mode because isp's router did not work well with vpn and i used a secondary router and because of the secondary router they then HACKED my FACEBOOK account inserting a PAGE (virus) which my AV did pick up on,FIRST time in nearly a decade it picked up on their activity. but symptom of the HACK is that my DYNAMIC IP address is static,when this happens have to change router.so even when i reformat and re-install windows i'm presuming that they can still follow my internet traffic.At the moment i'm not using vpn as router has been got at again,and need to change it,but would like to be able to learn how to intercept and stop virus.Obviously changing 2 routers everytime it happens is unsustainable.Trying to figure out if they keep infecting router via EMAIL or FACEBOOK. Maybe from the internet but with dynamic ip makes this much harder,But as i say ip is static at the moment. AV never picks anything up on pc..even when i KNOW i'm INFECTED. Only time ever was ESET social media scanner picking up facebook hack.I'm not sure if the logs will pick up any evidence of this..may thanks for your assistance with this.

#4 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Agent 007

• 3,894 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:10 AM

If you use VPN it is much more dangerous because the VPN servers are able to follow your internet traffic.

I have the feeling you aren't following my instructions. Please do the steps posted in Post #2.

Thank you.

~Machiavelli

unite_blue.png

#5 As65

As65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:20 AM

tried several times..posted logs twice yesterday..tried 4 times today..keep getting errors...saying website offline etc.. keep posting logs when i hit post icon the green rectangle does it's thing then when it's finished it still shows the reply to this topic part with logs..but logs are not being posted.in the bottom right of the screen below the reply to this topic box it just keeps saying saving post.

Edited by As65, 01 September 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#6 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Agent 007

• 3,894 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:33 PM

Wait a day ... I have myself issues with this site currently. Try to post the logs tomorrow again please.

Thank you.

~Machiavelli

unite_blue.png

#7 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Agent 007

• 3,894 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:57 PM

See that you opened a new topic. Oh My will be helping you.

~Machiavelli

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users