Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I find it very difficult to block HTML5 videos on Chrome as well as on FIrefox

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SachinNaik

SachinNaik

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:49 AM

In Google Chrome i tried extensions such as Disable Youtube HTML5 Player, Stop Youtube HTML5 Play etc but they don't block any HTML5 videos .Disable Youtube HTML5 Player seems to work but only occasionally when it likes to.

In Chrome i think only flash videos or ads are blocked most of the time i.e. is really good but i have problems while blocking only HTML5 videos in Chrome

I am running Windows 7 with all the security updates except Net Framework. My Chrome browser is also updated to the latest version along with the Add ons.

Using the built in setting of chrome to disable HTML5 videos is also worthless for example i tried going to chrome://settings/content and selecting "Let me choose when to run plug in" but still the videos are getting auto played.

Any form of advise is appreciated. I am really frustrated with this problem.  :bounce: 

Thanks in advance

Edited by hamluis, 30 August 2015 - 08:31 AM.
Moved from Audio/Video Apps to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:16 AM

I have not used these but you can give them a try. Edit: I really need more sleep. I read your post again. Sorry for posting something you have already tried.

For Firefox - Stop Tube HTML5

Chrome has a couple of HTML5 blockers. Here is one.

Edited by JohnC_21, 30 August 2015 - 08:18 AM.

#3 SachinNaik

SachinNaik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:42 AM

For Firefox - Stop Tube HTML5

hey i think that add on really works great it just stops the youtube videos from loading into my Firefox browser unless you click on them

yours was a great solution only for Firefox browser

now i am going to stop using Chrome because none of those extensions work fine for Youtube videos. Firefox is only good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users