Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fixed Unknown Account Prob. After new install, found Trojan. Offer Advice please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Magoo45

Magoo45

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:24 PM

PC specs:

Vista Home Basic Sp2

Toshiba

Satellite L355

CPU: Genuine Intel® CPU 585 @ 2.16Ghz

Ram: 3GB

System 32 bit

(I know this pc is outdated. It should be recycled, but it serves a purpose)

I accidentally deleted my main and only admin account, which created a ton of permission problems. So, I decided to lose all my files, and do a clean install of vista. (or so I thought).

After re-installing vista, I installed all windows updates first, then installed java, adobe flash, adobe reader, mozilla firefox, ccleaner, Malwarebytes, and AVG free.

I updated and ran a full scan with MBAM, and it found nothing.

Then I closed MBAM, and ran a full AVG free scan. It found this:

Severity: HIGH

Trojan horse Patched_c.ADKY

(C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\kr10n.inff8c77270\KR10N.sys)

AVG Removed This Trojan.

So, I disabled AVG and ran the following online scanners:

I ran TDSSKiller, and it found nothing.

I then ran an Eset online scan, and it found nothing.

I then ran Bit Defender Online scan, and it found nothing.

I then ran Norton security scan, and it found nothing.

One problem I'm having is occasionally when I visit a website I encounter this:

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t597/mr_magoo_bix/Computer/example1_zpsepgavvrh.jpg

The second problem is a freezing screen. The only way to unfreeze the screen is to do a hard reboot, and connect an external display, and press FN F5 to change the main display to the external display.

Can someone help to figure out what is going on? Is the problem a system configuration problem, or am I infected.

Help!

Edited by Magoo45, 29 August 2015 - 11:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users