Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"HTML Application" Script virus?bug?something?idk!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 duleekim

duleekim

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:06 PM

I'm not sure what's causing this to happen and where to begin to start trying to get rid of what ever is causing it as I've googled and googled and no one else's solutions have worked for me so far.

Basically I'm getting this pop up multiple times a day

"HTML Application

Stop running this script?
A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly.

If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive."

ALo97uR.png

It doesn't matter whether I press yes or no as It continues to pop up randomly afterwards. 

I have internet explorer disabled and firefox is the only browser I have installed.

I did install google chrome recently to see if it will still pop up if I stop using firefox (it still comes up). 

I've also tried disabling all plugins/scrips on my firefox.

I've found that it will continue to pop up even if I'm not browsing the web.

Even if I restart the computer and afk right after loging in, making sure no browsers are running in the background with task manager, it will pop up.

How often it comes up seems random as well.  As I'm writing this post it has come up three times, but there are days where it may only come up once while I'm playing a video game for maybe a few hours (or maybe I've just gotten used to the pop up sound and don't realise it anymore... >.>).

When comes up, I open task manager immediately and look for anything I don't recognize or start closing things and find no clues.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate and I use Malwarebytes to scan.

I have no idea where to look anymore, please help.

Edited by duleekim, 29 August 2015 - 06:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:15 PM

Hi duleekim,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Are you still getting the same pop-up?

MiniToolBox
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files
  • List Restore Points

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Regards,
Jason

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users