Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot Sequence doesn't change

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bromancedawn

bromancedawn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:27 PM

It's been a while since the last time I formatted a computer, and this problem have been bugging me for days now to the point of almost giving up.

I need to reformat my computer from Windows 7 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit. My computer is able to handle 64 bit and BIOS Legacy(It says BIOS when i open setupact text document in Panther Folder).

I've been changing the Boot Sequence UEFI SMI USB DISK >   SMI USB DISK  > P3 ST500  yet whenever I save the changes this message happens.  Attached File  a3.jpg   101.08KB   0 downloads

I've also tried SMI USB DISK > UEFI SMI USBK DISK > P3 

I've also did this in the basic mode, Attached File  sad.jpg   158.21KB   0 downloads

A help would be well appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:54 PM

What is your current boot sequence? From your UEFI settings it looks like the boot menu is F8. Does tapping F8 at boot give you a boot menu with the ability to select a boot device?

#3 bromancedawn

bromancedawn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:08 PM

i've changed it to this. Attached File  a21.jpg   162.72KB   0 downloads

but every time i' save changes and re-boot it would show the message again that I havent changed the bios settings.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

this post from seblake.  Does it solve the issue?

I just completed a CHAT session with ASUS. It worked!! Here is what they told me:

1. Enter the BIOS setup menu by pressing and holding F2 key when powering on.
2. Switch to “Boot” and set “Launch CSM” to Enabled.
3. Switch to “Security” and set “Secure Boot Control” to Disabled.
4. Press F10 to save and exit.
5. Press and hold ESC key to launch boot menu when the Unit restarts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users