Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Exchange Server Internet Email Setup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 a.farid

a.farid

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:23 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm facing this issue of setting up my exchange server 2010 to send and receive external emails (internet emails). Here are my environment details:

Server: HP Proliant ML150 G6 Server with 2gb of ram (this is a testing server).

Server Roles: Active Directory, Exchange Server, Web Server, and later a proxy server.

Internet Connection: ADSL @1mbps connection with a public IP address.

Router configuration: I Forwarded all http and https connections to my server's local IP Address, so currently I can access owa remotely.

Web and Mail Hosting: I purchased a shared linux hosting with a .com domain and 25 email accounts.

My goal is to be able to create active directory user accounts and exchange server users associated with these user accounts, and most importantly to link these exchange server accounts to my mail hosting so these account can send internet emails.

Any idea where should I start?

Thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

You would create the users in AD, then switch over to the Exchange server to provision their mailboxes. Then set up the external DNS records for your hosted email to direct all incoming mail to the Exchange server, and your internal MX DNS records to point to the hosted mail service for outgoing mail. Further configuration details would need to be worked out with the hosted mail service provider.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users