Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU fans starting and stopping

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Karzahni

Karzahni

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:57 AM

I have 2 CrossFired cards. The fans constantly start and stop when the system is idle. Not sure if one or both are doing this. They don't seem to always do it. Disabling and then re enabling CrossFire seems to fix it, although I just tried that now and now they are just going full boar. Under load they just go full boar also with no problems.

2x Sapphire HD 3870 512 MB (ATi Radeon HD 3870)

Driver packaging version 8.97.100.9001-150113a-179335E-ATI

AMD Vision Engine Control Center version 2012.1116.1515.27190

Windows 10 Pro

MSI 970 Gaming motherboard

EVGA 750W PSU

Please don't tell me to just get new cards. I may in time. I also understand that it's probably due to the age difference between the cards and the system.

By the way my GPU meter always says 0rpm for fan speed no matter what.

"A lizard in the desert wouldn't eat that." ~Gordon Ramsay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users