Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Sound

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:05 PM

I have helped many people getting the correct driver by going to PCIdatabase.com with the Vendor and Device ID. It isn't perfect but it works. Sometimes doing a direct install of XP SP3 results in no sound and a Microoft UAA patch needs to be installed but I am glad you were able to resolve your problem with a new card.

O-boy, I wonder if you can help me with this?  I would love to get my sound back on my Acer!  I googled up your suggestion, I will take a look at it when I got my acer on hand: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/888111

If you would like to help me out I will start another thread, or mayb dig up my old one?

My drivers seem to be the right ones, but still don't work.  The Acer I got used seems to have low hours on it, so I am still hopefull that an answer will appear for me.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

Hello pcpunk,

Follow the steps here. I would first uninstall any sound drive you have. You need to change a setting using regedit but after downloading and installing the UUA patch change the settings back. Then reinstall your sound driver.

Edited by JohnC_21, 28 August 2015 - 08:20 PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:39 AM

In the future...please start your own topic, rather than tagging your issues onto a topic initiated by another member.

Everyone reading topics...will likely appreciate that courtesy.

Louis

#4 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,657 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:47 PM

You are right hamluis, thanks for starting this thread for me! I am really stoked about this.   

And, for JohnC_21's help.  I hope I can follow these directions.  Don't have this pc with me tonight so will do this in the next couple of days.  I will read up on it tonight though to prepare!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:16 PM

If it doesn't work boot a Puppy linux disk and try playing a couple of MP3's. If Puppy doesn't give you sound then I would think it's a hardware issue, For an old XP computer I would use Pupppy 5.2.8 which should pick up older hardware.

#6 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,657 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:43 PM

If it doesn't work boot a Puppy linux disk and try playing a couple of MP3's. If Puppy doesn't give you sound then I would think it's a hardware issue, For an old XP computer I would use Pupppy 5.2.8 which should pick up older hardware.

I don't work in linux, I already tried, forgot about that.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:51 PM

I guess it would not hurt to try using the UAA patch. Nothing to lose at this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users