Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Distorted in Google Chrome :

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dasduf

Dasduf

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:33 AM

Hi 

For about a week now i have being having problems with the audio -  Live streaming - youtube , etc 

It sounds distorted , crackling and like it is echoes -

Also have tried system restore to no avail -

As i dont really know much about computers - i would be very grateful for any advice how to fix this asap - 

Thanking you in advance ! 

P.S - old family computer that we still use and also english is not my native language ! 

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 30 August 2015 - 04:27 PM.
Added extra info from duplicate post

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:34 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Does this only happen in Chrome or does it happen as well in Firefox or Internet Explorer (IE) as well ?

If it only happens in Chrome, then uninstall Chrome and re-install it. If it happens in other browsers then it is either an internet problem or a sound card problem.

To check if it is a sound card problem, play from a different source - a CD if you have a CD player in this computer or a music file from a USB memory stick, MP3 or WAV it does not matter. If the sound is now good then you will need to check the internet connection. If the sound is still bad it is either a sound card problem or a loud speaker problem. Check the connections and either try different speakers or connect these speakers to a different computer. You will now know if it is the speakers or the sound card.

The simplest way to check the internet connection is with another computer whose sound is known to be good. If you do not have another computer, invite a friend with a laptop to visit and connect the laptop to your internet the same way you do. Wireless if that is what you use, ethernet if you use that.

If the sound on your friend's laptop, or your other computer, is good then the problem is with the internet connection at your old family computer. Check the connections at your computer and, if that does not make an improvement consider replacing the wireless or ethernet card.

If the sound on the second computer is as bad as it is on the family one, then the problem is probably with your router/modem or internet connection. Check with your ISP.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 BitStop

BitStop

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:53 AM

I have the same problem and I know quite a bit about computers.  I am also running my vista inside a VM using VMware workstation.  But the audio in everything is fine but Chrome.

It started a week or so ago so sounds like the same issue.  I thought it was a VMWare issue at first but now I am thinking it is something else.  It is just a poor audio quality in Chrome on Vista and everything else is fine.

Also this worked fine on chrome before so likely some upgrade to 44 or beyond in Chrome.  I just tried Chrome beta and that is also an issue.

Chrome uses its own crazy flash player of a sort... i tried that and i tried even switching YouTube to use the html5 player but both have the same issue.  It is somehow what they are doing with audio now in Chrome that my Vista is not happy about.

I also noticed in Vista my maximum audio settings (in control panel / audio / speakers / properties / advanced) is 16 bit 48000 ... I found one reference in VMware that suggested changing this to 22 bit 44000 but that is not an option in my Vista.

If anyone else has this issue or finds a solution please let me know!

#4 BitStop

BitStop

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:11 AM

I just found this post on Google that looks like it is the answer to the issue... I have yet to try it but this thead is worth following.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/uTLDrvFIy2M;context-place=topicsearchin/chrome/windows$20vista$20audio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users