Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about laptop ASUS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 internetvietnam

internetvietnam

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:53 AM

Hello everybody.

So I bought an ASUS ROG G750 Series G750JZ-XS72 after doing some research and then finding it on sale shortly after. It's a great laptop in my opinion (first laptop I've ever owned) but I am having issues in a couple areas. The big question is - why when I attach an HDMI from the laptop to a TV I lose roughly a half inch to a full inch around all the borders? I've tried every setting I can find and my searches yielded no results. Back home I have a 47" Panasonic that it had issues with and just now I tried hooking it up to a 24"(?) ViewSonic I found. Same issues. Both TVs are 1080p if that matters.

The second question is trying to figure out if I can run certain games or not. I've had a desktop for a few years now that I built and upgraded here and there so I'm more familiar with their parts and how to gauge if I can run a game or not. It's different on the laptop because they can't seem to use the same or close to the same naming scheme. Anyways, biggest question I have is can I run the new Middle Earth game and/or Watch Dogs? I tried the can I run it website and I know it's not completely accurate but everything passed except for my CPU which I though my video card would be the thing holding me back. Specs are below...

*Intel Core i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
*NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M 4GB GDDR5

I look forward to the help, thanks.
Have a nice day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:04 AM

For your display problem see This post from the NotebookReview Forums, According to the site your computer meets the recommended requirements for the game. Also you can input your spec's manually and this is the report *Note this list the 4710HQ processor which is similar in performance to the 4700HQ.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users