Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Errors received after backing up Windows 10 C:\

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 carbuff

carbuff

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:55 AM

I received these errors and do not know how to correct them:

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Documents. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Pictures. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))

Suggestions are sincerely welcomed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1029rjmenvy17t

1029rjmenvy17t

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:41 AM

Hello,

What backup program are you using?

and are you trying to back the entire system up or just your files

#3 carbuff

carbuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:56 AM

I am using the backup and restore function of Windows 7 for the entire drive C:\. on which Win10 OS and its attendant files are located.

The error message lists documents and pictures.  I do not file these items on C:\.

All of my data, music, video and picture files are housed on a separate SSD designated E:\:

#4 1029rjmenvy17t

1029rjmenvy17t

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:04 AM

Hello,

Ok those are have nothing do to with your user files so its fine; as long as it back's up everything else for the system your good to go.

I have had similar problems before those files are just for logging that you backed up those folders.

You could run a Check Disk scan to get rid of corrupt files and stuff then try again

Its like Norton Security; on my computer it back's up everything except the files to log it backed up.

its wired.

Edited by 1029rjmenvy17t, 29 August 2015 - 08:06 AM.

#5 carbuff

carbuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:21 AM

Thank you.  I appreciate your comments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users