Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java Not Installed?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:56 PM

I was under the impression that Java needed to be installed, and thought that it was on my Windows 7 machine.  I looked in Programs and Features and do not see it, isn't it supposed to be listed there if installed?

I understand that most like it to be disabled for the most part but I thought that was what NoScript was for.

Thanks pcpunk!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:11 PM

Do not confuse Java (Oracle) with JavaScript. Two different programming languages.

Very few people actually need Java nowadays. It's not part of your operating system. It needs to be downloaded and installed.

https://www.java.com/en/download/

Edited by Phantom010, 28 August 2015 - 09:13 PM.

Please stick around after posting. Helpers are never far. Don't disappear for a week!
Our help is free, so please have the courtesy to reply in a timely manner. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users