Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet explorer not working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scoobysmom

scoobysmom

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:48 PM

Whenever I open IE I get an error message that says internet explorer has stopped working.  I was able to download Firefox so am using that but I need to have IE for my work. Any ideas?  I have done all of the things suggested by Microsoft but so far nothing has worked.  I do not have a problem when using Firefox.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScaleCraft

ScaleCraft

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:23 PM

Hopefully something simple.

But, what Operating System?
Windows 95, XP, 98, ME, 2000, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10?

What version of IE?

6, 8, 9, 19, 11 or Edge?

Dave

#3 scoobysmom

scoobysmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:36 PM

windows 7 and IE 11

#4 ScaleCraft

ScaleCraft

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:50 PM

Not knowing what MS told you to do, this is a MS tutorial on fixing it and re-installing it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/318378

And a youtube video on resetting it:

Tell us what you've tried and if it even tries to open?

#5 scoobysmom

scoobysmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:45 PM

I did the internet options tab, advanced, reset and removed personal settings.  I also tried the above solution and it did not work. And yes it does try to open but then I get the error message, if I keep closing it sometimes my home page will open but if I try to go to another page it gives me an error again.

Ok, now I turned it off in internet options, restarted and downloaded the version I was using and tried to reinstall and this is what I get.  Internet explorer did not finish installing. Set up cannot continue because a more recent version is installed on your computer.

Edited by scoobysmom, 30 August 2015 - 04:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users