Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Has anyone ever seen this happen, or know why this happens?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stefanosme3

Stefanosme3

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:14 PM

This has happened twice so far, since I noticed the problem happening.

I have my dell desktop set to go to sleep mode after 30 minutes, and for the display to never turn off, the only time the display turns off is when the computer goes into sleep mode, both the display and computer will go to sleep simultaneously. But as of two days ago I noticed something strange, sometimes the display will turn off around two-five minutes before the machine itself enters sleep, the first time I saw this happened I was a little confused so I went to my settings and made sure everything was set to the correct value, my computer was set to enter sleep after 30 minutes, and the display was set to never turn off, so I shrugged it off, and chalked it up to a bug or something, but today the same thing happened, I saw the screen go off, and it wasn't until three minutes after that the machine itself went into sleep. After that I tried to test it, and haven't been able to recreate this, I left my computer alone 3 times already, and all three times my computer entered sleep correctly.

So does anyone have any ideas about what could've caused this? I checked my monitor settings, on the monitor itself and there are no settings that can cause this behavior. I'm stumped. Has anyone had similar happenings with their machine? I am using windows 8.1

I went into event viewer to see if there was anything there that may be connected, I didn't see anything but when this happens event viewer logs to following events.

Process C:\Windows\System32\WinSAT.exe (process ID:6560) reset policy scheme from {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c} to {49ef8fc0-bb7f-488e-b6a0-f1fc77ec649b}

Edited by Stefanosme3, 28 August 2015 - 06:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:55 AM

Try setting the screen to turn off after 30 minutes - same as sleep. 

I've never tried leaving monitor set at "never turn off" while setting the system to sleep.

It obviously seems contradictory.

Edited by jcgriff2, 31 August 2015 - 01:55 AM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users