Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Snipping Tool/ Digital Piracy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 goaliedan

goaliedan

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:14 PM

Is there anything I can do to an image in order to prevent someone else from making a copy

via the Snipping Tool on their computer?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by hamluis, 28 August 2015 - 03:49 PM.
Moved from Gen Chat to Graphics - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

The only thing I can think of is to out a watermark on the image

John

An Australian Living in the USA

#3 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:07 AM

Watermark +1
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#4 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:00 AM

The only thing I can think of is to out a watermark on the image

OPPPS meant put a water mark on it

John

An Australian Living in the USA

#5 Willabong

Willabong

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:54 PM

Even a watermark can be removed if it is placed wrongly:-   Always put a watermark over a detailed portion of the image, this makes it much harder for the clone tool to remove it.

But even then it can still be removed by a dedicated person with a lot of experience and time on their hands!

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:21 PM

You can use IrfanView to put a watermark on an image, a free download from  http://www.irfanview.com/

Create your watermark image then use the 'Edit - Insert overlay/watermark' command.

As Willabong has said it is possible to remove watermarks but to do it from something like a photo is very time consuming. If your images are more like clip art, more or less solid blocks of colour, it is relatively easy. But if you are just concerned about somebody using the snipping tool or merely the 'Copy image' command on a web-site then a watermark is at least something of a deterrent.

Elderly friends of mine had some unofficial photos taken by a friend at their 60th wedding anniversary dinner, except the friend had forgotten to turn off the bright orange date/time stamp. Try removing that from a photo where it is across a tartan patterned carpet !  It was a pig of a job but they were pleased with the results.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users