Recently upgraded from 8.1 to 10, I was getting this problem before I upgraded. The BSOD randomly appears, several times in the last few days, Windows says it is collecting information, that there is a problem with BAD_POOL_HEADER, no error code displayed, then restarts.
sfc /scannow didn't find any problems. Problem seems to be internet related and it seems to happen when I am using Internet Explorer 11. I have updated the network adapter driver, a Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n, but the problem persists
I would be grateful for any advice on how to fix this BAD_POOL_HEADER problem.
· OS - Windows 10
· Original OS Windows 8
· Original Windows 8 was OEM version, Windows 10 was downloaded from Microsoft
· Age - 10 months
· Windows 10 installed about 3 weeks ago
· CPU - Intel Core i3 4005U @ 1.70GHz
· Video Card - Intel HD Grahics Family
· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop)
· System Manufacturer - Dell
· Exact model number - Inspiron 15 3542
· Laptop or Desktop? Laptop