Heyo! I've been seeking help with this issue for a while and have yet to find any solution... This is a seemingly basic problem, but it is extremely annoying. My mouse is double-clicking things when I single click. This has been going on for a few months now, and is wearing on my last nerve! Here are the details:
- Desktop, running on Windows 7.
- This doesn't happen every time I click, but it happens A LOT (implying to me that it is not some setting that merely needs altering, since it is not consistent).
- Happens with ANY mouse. I've tried switching out to two other mice I had laying around (and tried multiple USB ports), same problem.
- To be sure I didn't just have a bunch of broken mice, I plugged them into a laptop to test. The problem did not occur on the laptop.
- Only occurs with left-click. Right-click and middle-click are unaffected.
- Problem is not specific to any program.
- I've updated the mouse drivers, no change.
- Tried modifying click speed settings, no effect.
- I have rebooted & updated Windows.
- Tried a "clean boot," and the problem still occurred.
All of this leads me to believe that the problem is not the mouse (or rather, mice) but some other... unknown and mystifying factor. I would love any help you guys have to offer, as this is making me nuts.