Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop turn off itself on windows 7 (64bit), not overheating issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lamborgini444

lamborgini444

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:54 AM

hi to all,
I have a shutdown problem since one year ago when I changed my 32 bit windows seven to 64 bit. I need 64 bot windows to be able using all of my laptop ram capacity. but just when run academic softwares (MATLAB and HeuristicLab), and increasing RAM and Cpu usage to more than 90%, my laptop turns off without any warning but not immediately, it turns black for about one secound and then turns off.
I explained this with more details last year in this post. you can see results of some tests there.
it's not a thermal issue as explained in post above.
last year I reinstalled my 64 bit windows and the problem gone temporarily (I guess it was result of having much less programs an RAM usage) but after few days it occurred again.
last year I thought it was a HeuristicLab bug, but now it occurs again on MATLAB but I detect some new information about it.
First off all shut down occurs just when I am using parallel computing in both softwares (it never happens in daily works or on other softwares). my laptop cpu has two core and four threads, in MATLAB parallel have some controls, when I activate two workers and run the code, two of threads are idle in task manager and laptop never turns off even if I run the code for more than 50 hours; but when I use four workers, MATLAB uses all threads and more RAM and problem occurs again
I don't know this happens when I use more than 90% of RAM usage or CPU usage and why it happens.

I would be very thankful for any suggestions and help.

p.s:
All drivers are up to date

Edited by lamborgini444, 28 August 2015 - 12:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:12 PM

Is Windows fully up to date?

Is your copy legitimate?

Let's try looking at these reports:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 lamborgini444

lamborgini444
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:08 AM

Thank you for your response
Event Viewer helped:
"System shutdown due to graphics card overheating"
It seems to be another overheating problem but instead of CPU, graphics card overheating!
right now my laptop is idle and temperatures of graphics card and CPU are about 84 and 50 respectively!
I cleaned heat sink and replaced thermal compound yesterday, maybe I should consider using a copper shim for GPU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users