Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games not running smooth as they should be ! Graphics card issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Exoclap

Exoclap

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:43 AM

Hello everyone !

So 1 week ago I got myself a new computer with the following specs:
VIDEO CARD: ASUS Gtx 970 strix 4GB
PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 4690k 3.5 Ghz quad core
MOTHERBOARD: Z97 Gaming 5
RAM: 1 stick of 8 GB
HDD: 1 TB
PSU: 650W Gaming inter-tech

I downloaded myself some games like dishonored, bioshock infinite, archeage and Max payne. I launched the games and when i started playing my gameplay was really choppy. It was not smooth at all, like it should be. Mouse was moving really slowly but i got 60+ fps in fraps. This is NOT VSync issue. The problem is in aspect ratio and resolution. So i change the aspect ratio in game from 16:9 to 16:10 and i changed resolution from 1920x1080 to 720x480 my screen shrinked and the gameplay was butter smooth and all the problems that i am having went away. I tried setting it to 4:3 and the gameplay as butter smooth there as well. After that i thought it was my monitor so i tried 2 different TV screens and i also tried 2 more monitors but everything was the same there as well. Its a really weird issue and im trying to fix it for the past week. I would really really appreciate all the help from you guys !

Thanks !
Hello everyone !

Edited by Exoclap, 28 August 2015 - 09:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Exoclap

Exoclap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:02 AM

Just played the game bioshock infinite for 5 min and i monitored the gpu and cpu this is what i got http://imgur.com/02t1tNI,6t0tRXZ,1nNsj1m,UMKe9kT,6IqFWwG,rm9QPZS

Edited by Exoclap, 28 August 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#3 Highjinks

Highjinks

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

What OS are you using, and i'm guessing that you have already updated your graphics drivers due to having GeForce experience installed. Are you using the "optimized" setting from geforce experience?

Never mind from the screen shot it's windows 7, just making sure that you have updated all your drivers and everything still. 

Edited by Highjinks, 28 August 2015 - 11:58 AM.

#4 Exoclap

Exoclap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:58 AM

Im using windows 7 64 bit service pack 1. Yes i updated the drivers for gpu and motherboard. I dont know what do you mean by optimized when i installed geforce experience i just left it like it was i didnt change nothing.

#5 Highjinks

Highjinks

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:01 PM

Geforce experience has an area in the program that will optimize your games for the best overall experience according to your system specifications in it. I've come to notice with the 900 series cards that when you use their optimized settings it's not always correct. It does do a better job of keeping your drivers up to date than windows does though. 

#6 Exoclap

Exoclap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:05 PM

Hmmm i will check it out. But the thing is my friend has the exact the same card and he doesnt have issues like this

#7 Exoclap

Exoclap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:22 PM

Ok i just noticed a hissing in my PSU. It sounded like a bee was in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users