Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for a budget notebook

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 notamondayfan

notamondayfan

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:15 AM

Hello,

I'm looking for small notebook (10 - 13 inch), but there's so many to choose from, so where to start!

I should say I'm looking to spend upto £300, either new or good 2nd hand items.

I want it for web browsing, blogging, cropping images, etc. It won't be used for gaming, but good video would be an advantage.

I also want a good battery life (5 hours plus). And ideally it should look good, as it will occasionally be used in meetings.

Regarding OS, Windows is first choice, but could use Android or iOS (although my budget probably rules this out anyway).

Anyway, can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks,

Dean

Edited by notamondayfan, 28 August 2015 - 07:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,659 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:13 PM

Let me say to start, I am a noob-so this is just imo.  And you got no feedback yet.

I would stick with HP or Dell personally.

Stick with Intel Hardware.

Look for i3 or i5 and at least 4GB of RAM for that price.  Not sure what is available over the pond, but you might be able to get an new i5 pc with 8GB of RAM and that would be good.  Also, if it is for work-you might want a good size HDD I don't know how much and what kind of stuff you would be saving to the pc.

imo windows 7

Battery life you will need to look at when you buy.  Usually you want one with more cores like 6-12

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users