Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking For A Free Cd Ripper/Burner and Music Player

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:45 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking for a really great free CD ripper that will make MP3s and a CD burner program and, a better Music Player than MusicBee, if there is one, and really haven't been able to come up with a great one.

My old computer, that ran XP, had a really good program on it for ripping and burning but it was for the CD Burner in the computer and I don't remember the name of it but even if I could, it probably won't work for Windows 8.1. I know the music player I had on it that I loved does not.

I have done a lot of research for a good program but the only programs I have actually tried for this are MusicBee and Windows Media Player. Seems like I tried one other player before I found MusicBee but, right now, I don't remember what it was. I like MusicBee better than WMP for playing music (actually, for that MusicBee is quite awesome) but the quality of the ripped music is actually better with WMP but neither produce the sound quality I got from the program on my old XP computer.

The CD burning program on my old computer burned really good quality CD's that sounded just like the original CD's and the ripping program made what was ripped sound great on both CD's and on the computer, but the ones I have tried on this computer, do not even come close to the sound quality I got on that one. I have compared the sound quality using songs I already had on this one that was ripped with the old program with the same song newly ripped on this one, and the quality is noticeably worse with the new one.

I have done some searching on the web but most of the burners/rippers that seem good are now coming bundled with OpenCandy with no way to decline the install of it and I would rather not have that.

I am just getting frustrated with searching the web for one so I am hoping the people on this forum might have found a great program for burning/ripping CD's with great sound quality that they are willing to tell me about, and maybe a player that is even better than MusicBee.

I would love it if one program could do it all, but if not, I guess since I am pretty much happy with MusicBee for playing, I just really need a free, CD ripper and CD burner program that produces great sound quality for both the MP3 files from the rips and the burned CD. If I have to use two seperate programs for ripping and burning, that would be ok, I just want the great sound quality I use to get. 

I forgot to say that for the CD Burner program, I really want one that is able to burn from disk to disk and as far as I can tell, MusicBee does not do that, but even if it did, considering the sound quality from its rips, I doubt the copy would be that great

Thank you everyone for any help you can give me with this :)

Edited by Stang777, 28 August 2015 - 08:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:01 AM

Have you tried Winamp? Though actually I've been using it mainly for audio media player, VLC for video and WMP v.12 for ripping (mp3) in Windows 7.

Tekken

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:30 PM

Thank you Jhayz.

I have not tried Winamp, but will check it out. The more I try doing anything with WMP the more I hate it, even playing music on it. The way it organizes my music is crazy. I really do like MusicBee for playing music, so will probably stick with it. The sound quality is great, I like the equalizer and the visuals, I was even able to use my old Sonique visual Rabbit Hole with it and I love that one and had missed having it. It will probably also burn the CD's just fine. I was just very disappointed with the quality of the ripped music, so that is what got me looking and posting for one, but for for playing, it is really good. Looks quite plain until you customize it with its skins, but ends up looking pretty nice. It has quite a few music stations that it plays from the internet and even provides the lyrics for the songs you are playing. All in all, it is best music player my searching has found.

Also, last night I came across a program for ripping and I think that I might have found the perfect ripping program and hopefully burning too, but I have yet to do the actual burn. I cannot get it to work for copying a CD but that is ok, I do not do that very often. It is suppose to be great for copying but when I try to do it, it says it cannot read the disk. I know why though, it only gives it a second to read the CD when going to copy it and every CD drive I have ever deallt with needs a lil longer to than that to access the files. It gives it longer when ripping and giving disk information, but for copying, it just gives up too quickly.

Anyway, this program is called AnyBurn, very light program that seems to do it all. The rips from it, are awesome. I cannot tell any difference between the ripped version and the actual CD and it does it rather quickly. It does a lot fo things, burns all kinds of file and even creates and burns .iso files and it also erases rewritable disks. It seems like a fantastic program, and if I could just get it to give my CD drive a lil longer to respond for copying a CD, I would say, so far, that it is the perfect program.

In case you, or anyone else, wants to check it out, here is a link to it there site...

http://www.anyburn.com/

Although I got it from MajorGeeks but I chose their link for downloading it from the authors site rather than theirs as I didn't want theirs cause it was zipped.

Anywho, thank you again for your reply and suggestions. I appreciate it.

Edited by Stang777, 30 August 2015 - 05:23 AM.

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:09 PM

A freebie I found is called Audacity.  Rips, converts, and burns and has a mixer too.

#5 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:25 PM

CDEx used to be the standard CD to MP3 ripper.

http://cdex.mu/

#6 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:39 PM

Thank you for your reply and suggestion mjd420nova, I do appreciate it.

I have checked into Audacity but everything I find about it shows that it does not rip or burn CDs. I have searched but cannot find anything that says it does either of those things. But I appreciate your efforts.

Thanks again for the reply and suggestion

Edited by Stang777, 29 August 2015 - 08:57 PM.

#7 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:41 PM

Thank you JWebb for your reply and suggestion.

I have not run across that one before so I will check it out.

Thank you, I really do appreciate your help

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:49 PM

A music and video converter also comes in handy such as Format Factory http://www.pcfreetime.com/ though this is not what you were querying for.

Tekken

#9 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:47 PM

Thank you JHayz, I love suggestions for programs so I will check that out as well.

Thanks a lot

#10 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

:thumbup2:

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users