Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Password Manager for Windows Phone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BuckNobBoffin

BuckNobBoffin

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:41 PM

I am constantly losing and searching for my username and password for all of the sites I visit.

Are there available Password Managers for Windows Phones?  Free would be nice.  I saw that Keepass does not produce an app.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:13 AM

There are quiet a few actually (just search Password Manager in the Store), though I can't vouch for how safe/secure they are.

One such program which was pre-installed on one of my Windows Phone devices was Keeper: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/keeper/9wzdncrdmpt6 I haven't used it and so can't comment on how well it works etc but the reviews are generally positive.

Enpass (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/enpass/9wzdncrdfqjs) also gets good reviews.

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

#3 ChuckPasadena

ChuckPasadena

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:46 AM

Lastpass worked well for me on my PC and it's available in the Windows App store as well (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/lastpass/9wzdncrfj3qj) but the mobile interface doesn't look nearly as detailed and as well layed out as Enpass (I just saw it before I posted). In fact I think I might download it and give it a test drive myself.

It also appears as if you have a little more control than Lastpass allows and that's actually the #1 reason I stopped using it (and I'm generally not paranoid about things like that). They may have changed slightly in the 18 months since I used them last and it seems that Xmarks, their bookmarking companion to Lastpass they used to make all but mandatory lest you not get all Lastpass features, is no longer required for full Laspass functionality. Granted that's based on a cursory glance at lastpass.com but I didn't see Xmarks even mentioned.

Lastpass is free on platforms but if you want to sync your phone and PC it's $12 a year.

Enpass mobile is normally a one time $9.99 after a free trial (14 days, maybe?) but it's the Free App of the Day today only at http://get.myappfree (Desktop version may still be $9.99 depending on your OS and sync between them is the dafault mode).

#4 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:02 PM

I have Lastpass on my PC and Windows Phone, and I don't pay anything. Everything seems to be synced - all the sites and passwords I can access via my PC, I can access via my phone. 

Lastpass is a little awkward to use on my phone, though. I have to open the Lastpass app to see or copy my password, and then return to my browser to enter the password.

I also have 2 factor authentication turned on, so it is even more awkward - after opening the Lastpass app, I have to open the Authenticator app to get a code, and return to Lastpass to enter the code, and then I can access stored sites and passwords.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users