Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VIDEO_DRIVER_INIT_FAILURE

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Big_B

Big_B

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

Good Evening,

I have removed my laptop screen after it being cracked, but then I have received this Error Message:(VIDEO_DRIVER_INIT_FAILURE).

The issue is I'm not able even to get access to the bios or even see anything on it when I connect the laptop to external Monitor,I have tried to use both the VGA port and HDMI port but the issue still persists, my laptop brand is HP and it running win8. any thought will be appreciated.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

If you can't see anything - how did you get the screen shot?

The first thing to try here would be to download new video drivers from HP, then uninstall the current one's and install the freshly downloaded ones.

Beyond that, if possible, we'll need these reports:

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Big_B

Big_B
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:49 PM

Hi,

Oh I forgot to mention that previously, Actually If I leave the computer connected to the EXT monitor, the attached message will show up after maybe a 5 minutes then screen will turn back to black. other than that no picture shows.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:50 PM

So it appears that the graphics card is working well enough for Windows to boot to a point where it can generate a BSOD (can't have a BSOD unless a good chunk of Windows has already loaded during the boot).

So, the computer boots to Windows, but you can't see it.  Then, when it crashes, it paints the BSOD.  I presume that this uses a different driver than the AMD drivers (as the system isn't stable enough to use the usual drivers).  If you're seeing absolutely nothing - then this implies damage to the video card IMO.

Does the HP logo show when you first turn it on?

Can you boot to CD's/USB drives?

How did the laptop screen break?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Big_B

Big_B
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:33 PM

No HP logo on booting, and I'm not able to seen the very basic startup picture. the laptop fail on floor and caused the damage but I was able to use the computer before removing the screen, do you think I if connect the hard drive to a different computer and removing the driver will resolved the issue??

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:02 AM

Does the laptop have a port for an external monitor?  If so, try that.

If not, take it to a shop that sells them and see if they'll let you try it there.

If there's no video, there's not much that you can do.

Randomly removing drivers gets very frustrating very quickly - and you don't even know if it's a driver problem.

From your description I'd suspect that something is broken - rather than it being a driver problem.

You can slave the hard drive to a different computer and backup your data if the hard drive is visible to the other computer.

That may also give you an idea if the hard drive is dead/dying (as you won't be able to recover your data) - and you can run diagnostics on it while it's connected to the other computer.

Here's a list of free diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users